Parking at NVC
NVC PARKING LOT SWITCHES TO AUTOMATED SYSTEM
As of January 1, 2017, the Northern Virginia Center lower parking lot will be switched over to an automated parking system. Faculty, staff, and students with a current VT Parking hang tag can request proximity cards that will let you enter and leave the parking lot. If you choose not to purchase a VT parking hang tag, there is a daily rate to park in the lower NVC parking lot. To request a proximity card or if you have any questions, please contact VT Facilities at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (703) 538-8440.
LOWER PARKING LOT - AUTOMATED SYSTEM
- Parking permits are available for the lower parking lot for students, faculty, and staff. Entrance to the lower parking lot is through the entrance marked “student lot entrance” in the map below.
- The lower parking lot is fully automated. Entrance and exit is by ticket or proximity card only.
- The current, daily parking rate (set by WMATA) is $4.85/day. Payment upon exit by credit card only—no cash. Credit card charges will show up as "Camelot Facilities Plano, TX" on your credit card statement.
- Overnight parking allowed for 10 days maximum; Vehicles parked in lot over 10 days will be towed at owner’s expense
- Parking is free on Saturdays, Sundays, and Federal holidays. On those days, insert the ticket upon exit and the gate will automatically open—no payment is required.
- Instructions on how the automated parking system works can be found below:
PURCHASING PARKING PERMITS
- To purchase a parking permit for the lower lot visit the parking services web site (https://www.parking.vt.edu/). If you purchase a permit you will need a proximity card to enter and exit the lower lot. To receive your proximity card once you have a permit, please email email@example.com or call (703) 538-8440.
- Parking permits must be displayed at all times
- Visitors on short (few hours) visits to the Center may use the coin-operated metered parking spaces at the front of the building.
IMPORTANT PARKING INFORMATION:
- Parking in the West Falls Church Metro lot, across the street from the Center, requires the purchase and use of a SmartTrip card until 12 midnight. Please visit Metro's website to buy a SmartTrip card online.
- Parking is prohibited on Haycock Road, in the George Mason High School lots (without permission), in nearby residential areas, or in the commercial/shopping center parking lots. Long-term parking at the Center’s metered parking is also prohibited. Unauthorized parking in any of these locations may result in your vehicle being towed at the owner’s expense. Please avoid this inconvenience by only parking in designated areas.
- A bicycle rack is located at the side entrance to the building, main level, nearest the large parking lot. Bicycles are not permitted inside stairwells, common areas, café, classroom, or bathrooms.