Graduate Student Services Office
The National Capital Region Graduate Student Services
Office (GSSO), located on the fourth floor of the Northern Virginia
Center, Falls Church, is a satellite office of the Graduate School on
the main campus in Blacksburg and handles academic and administrative
matters, such as Graduate Education Week, student workshops, student
medical insurance, in-state or out-of-state classification, and
changing departments or graduate programs in the National Capital
The Graduate Student Services Office provides services that contribute to the professional and personal development of graduate students and enhance their quality of life while at Virginia Tech. We support a vibrant graduate community and culture through a variety of events and programs and work closely with other university offices to ensure that their services fit graduate students’ needs.
SERVICES WE PROVIDE INCLUDE:
- Changes to current status (readmission, non-degree to degree)
- Citizenship verification for Financial Aid
- International Students and Scholars Services
- Plan of Study Review (Course Changes, Committee Changes)
- Processing Graduate School forms (such as In-State Tuition Request, Reduced Tuition for K-12 educators, Change of Campus, Name Change, etc)
- Receiving official transcripts for admissions or transfer credit. Request for official Virginia Tech transcripts must go to the Registrar in Blacksburg.
- Registration assistance (Add, Drop, Withdraw, Registration, Leave of Absence, etc)
- Student events, in partnership with the Graduate Student Assembly
SERVICES NOT PROVIDED BY THE GRADUATE STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE:
- The Graduate Student Services Office does not release information regarding student attendance, degree, or transcripts.
- Please contact the Virginia Tech Graduate School or Registrar for academic information. Contact information for the Virginia Tech Graduate School and Registrar office can be found here.
Walk-in's are welcomed, but it's recommended to make an appointment. To make an appointment please contact Susan Merten at (703) 538-8310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department E-Mail: GSSONCR@vt.edu
Main Phone Line: (703) 538-8327
ENROLLMENT SERVICES ASSISTANT
Phone: (703) 538-8322
Northern Virginia Center - Room 407
GRADUATE APPLICATION & ACADEMIC ADVISER
Northern Virginia Center - Room 409
GRADUATE STUDENT IMMIGRATION SPECIALIST
Phone: (703) 538-8326
Northern Virginia Center - Room 411