Congratulations on your acceptance to Virginia Tech! We look forward to welcoming you to our community. This webpage is designed to provide you with a brief introduction to graduate life at Virginia Tech.
CHECKLIST FOR NEW VT NVC STUDENTS
- Create your Personal Identifier (PID). A PID will give you access to Virginia Tech online services such as:
- Contact your academic department for information about advising, funding, class registration, and orientation requirements. Program advisors for each department are listed at the bottom of this page.
- Register for classes and pay tuition on Hokie SPA.
- Keep track of important academic deadlines (exams, commencement, thesis or dissertation).
- Login to MyVT to setup your email, network, and 2-factor accounts.
- Order your textbooks from the Online Bookstore.
More information for new students can be found on the Graduate School website.
- Graduate Student Services Flyer
- Tuition and Fees
- Refund Policy
- Fall 2017 Semester Calendar
- NCR Graduate Programs Contacts
- NVC Library Information
GRADUATE STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE (GSSO)
The Graduate Student Services Office (GSSO) in the National Capital Region, serves as a coordinating and governing body to all the Virginia Tech graduate programs and their students. Some of the services they provide include:
- Change of status
- Plan of study review
- Processing graduate school forms
- Registration assistance
GRADUATE STUDENT ASSEMBLY
The NCR Gradate Student Assembly seeks to nurture graduate student community across departments by providing social events that foster inter-department, interdisciplinary conversation. The representatives liaise with the VT GSA in Blacksburg to improve scholarly development, and graduate community by creating and implementing goals based on the issues and concerns of graduate students on campus.
The NCR GSA Leadership for 2017-2018 is:
- Len Mahoney, Chair
- Awide Shahidi, Vice Chair
- Tsai Yu Hsu, Delegate
- Joel Hartleroad, Delegate
GRADUATE PROGRAM ADVISORS
Each department at the Northern Virginia Center have a program advisor that can provide information, advising, and answer questions about the programs they represent. Below is a list of the current program advisors located at NVC.
CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (CEE)
INDUSTRIAL & SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (ISE)
Phone: (703) 538-8431
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS (MBA / PMBA)
Phone: (703) 538-8410
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (MIT)
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS
EXECUTIVE MBA (EMBA)
COMPUTER SCIENCE (CS)
ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING (ECE)
Phone: (703) 538-8370
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY IN SOCIETY (STS)
Phone: (703) 538-8481
MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPY (MFT)
Phone: (703) 538-8460