International students from all over the world choose graduate study at Virginia Tech. Tech offers a vibrant graduate community in which students and faculty from diverse backgrounds collaborate to advance research and scholarship. In the National Capital Region (NCR), Virginia Tech offers more than 45 graduate degree and certificate programs taught by internationally recognized faculty. Virginia Tech welcomes international applicants and offers a range of services to support international students throughout their courses of study.
- For a list of the programs offered in the National Capital Region, or to learn more about a specific program, click here.
- If you are ready to apply to the graduate school, click here.
- Application Deadlines for International Students
- Obtaining your Immigration Documents & Visa
- Pre-Arival Information for New Students
- Express Shipping of your Immigration-Related Documents
- Financial Information and Requirements
- Medical Insurance Information and Requirements
- Area Airports - Information about the region's 3 area airports, and how to travel from them to the Northern Virginia Center or other destination.
- Housing - Resources to help you locate housing in the National Capital Region.
- Climate and Weather - Information about the weather and climate in the National Capital Region.