Commonwealth Commuter Choice
Commonwealth Commuter Choice/SmartBenefits
Full-time Virginia Tech employees (faculty and staff) who commute to certain identified Northern Virginia counties and cities can receive a monthly benefit in free SmarTrip credit to use on public transit or vanpool to get to work. This benefit is tax-free and you are eligible if you commute to work at least one day a month using either public transit bus, commuter trains, subways or van pools and your office is located in the counties of: Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Spotsylvania, and Stafford or the cities of: Alexandria, Fairfax, Falls Church, Fredericksburg, Manassas, and Manassas Park.
Everything you need to get started with the Commonwealth Commuter Choice is below:
- Employee Enrollment Form/Welcome Letter
- Register Your Smart Trip Card
- What is SmartBenefits Autoload
- Autoload Questions and Answers
- Card Replacement and Refunds
- SmartBenefits Employee Brochure
- SmartBenefits offers SmartBenefits passenger allocation for customers whose transit providers do not accept SmarTrip cards. VRE, MARC Rail, MTA Commuter Bus, MetroAccess, Vanpools and other independent bus systems have a program with Metro and CommuterDirect.com to mail VRE & MARC Rail tickets to SmartBenefits employee participants. To participate in this program, apply for a new SmartBenefits passenger allocation account. (Click Here)
If you have any additional questions on the CCC Program, please feel free to contact Aprile Belk at email@example.com or at 703-538-8315.