Graduate Student Services Office
The Graduate Student Services Office provides services that contribute to the professional and personal development of graduate students and enhance their quality of life while at Virginia Tech. We support a vibrant graduate community and culture through a variety of events and programs and work closely with other university offices to ensure that their services fit graduate students’ needs.
Services We Provide
- Changes to current status (readmission, non-degree to degree)
- Citizenship verification for Financial Aid
- International Students and Scholars Services
- Plan of Study Review (Course Changes, Committee Changes)
- Processing Graduate School forms (such as In-State Tuition Request, Reduced Tuition for K-12 educators, Change of Campus, Name Change, etc)
- Receiving official transcripts for admissions or transfer credit. Request for official Virginia Tech transcripts must go to the Registrar in Blacksburg.
- Registration assistance (Add, Drop, Withdraw, Registration, Leave of Absence, etc)
- Student events, in partnership with the Graduate Student Assembly
Services Not Provided By The GSSO
- The Graduate Student Services Office does not release information regarding student attendance, degree, or transcripts.
- Please contact the Virginia Tech Graduate School or Registrar for academic information. Contact information for the Virginia Tech Graduate School and Registrar office can be found here.
Contact Information and Appointments
Walk-in's are welcomed, but it's recommended to make an appointment. To make an appointment please contact Susan Merten at (703) 538-8310 or firstname.lastname@example.org.