Virginia Tech™home


Affidavit of Support
This form can be used by parents/relatives/other sponsors to indicate that financial support will be provided for a student's educational and living expenses. Required of students whose funding is coming from resources other than personal funds, a graduate assistantship, or government/corporate sponsorship. An original bank statement must accompany the affidavit form, showing the amount of funds available. If providing an electronic printout of a bank statement, the account holder must write “I verify this is a true copy of my bank account” and sign and date the document, and this original, signed copy must accompany the form.

Immigration Information Form
Submission of this form is required from all new international students. It collects critical information for immigration form issuance. Please be sure to attach ALL of the required documents as requested. Note that we need ORIGINAL funding documents, not copies (except in the case of a graduate assistantship contract).

Change of address
Form for F-1 and J-1 students to report changes of address for SEVIS. Changes must be reported within 10 days of the move. Students are still responsible for updating their addresses on Hokie SPA for university records.

Report OPT Employment or Change of Address
This form collects employer name and address for OPT, as well as a student's change of address while on OPT.

I-20 Request
For F-1 students. Use this form to request an I-20 for extension, changes of major or academic level, change of status, reinstatement, or to replace a lost I-20.

DS-2019 Request
For J-1 students. Use this form to request a new DS-2019, extend your program, change major or academic level, add dependents, or replace a lost DS-2019.

Transfer In Form
This form is used by international graduate students who are transferring to Virginia Tech after attending another school in the United States (whether they graduated from that school or not).

Transfer Out Form
SEVIS record release request for international students. This form is used by international graduate students who are attending Virginia Tech and wish to transfer to another school (whether they graduate from VT or not).

Request for Dependent I-20
Use this form to request an I-20 form for a dependent, either spouse or child. The F1 student must be able to provide current funding documentation showing funds for his/her own educational expenses, plus additional funds to support a spouse or child—$5,000 for a spouse and $2,000 per child. The student also is required to provide health insurance for the dependents for the period of time that the student is at Virginia Tech. F2 dependents may not enroll in a course of study or a degree program and may not work while in the U.S. If dependents wish to pursue an academic program, they must apply for and be approved for a change of status to F-1 before enrolling.

Request for Certification of Enrollment
Use this form to request an enrollment certification for any entities in your home country who require verification of your enrollment at a U.S. school, such as banks, a scholarship agency, or for military service. We provide cost information for an entire academic year only.

If the certification of enrollment is for a U.S. agency, you must request an enrollment certification from the University Registrar's office. They provide the only official university academic enrollment certification.