Shipping of Immigration Documents
Mailing of Immigration Documents
Immigration documents (I-20 or DS-2019 forms) are issued and mailed to new students after all admission and immigration requirements have been met.
By default, immigration documents will be mailed via regular mail if your mailing address is in the United States. If you wish to pay for express delivery, please see below.
Students who wish to purchase express shipping will need to do so through eShipGlobal. Prior to submitting payment for express shipping, please confirm that you meet all eligibility requirements for express shipping:
- You received admission letter from the Graduate School and have been admitted to one of the National Capital Region campuses
- You satisfied all financial requirements (see our Pre-Arrival Information page for details)
- Confirmed with the immigration advisor that your form has not yet been issued and mailed
- If your form has been sent out by regular mail and you have not received it, you may request that it be re-issued and sent by express mail.
Creating a Shipping Label through eShipGlobal
- Register at https://study.eshipglobal.com/
- Once you have registered, log into your account and click on Receive a Package from Universities
- In the University search box, type: Virginia Tech and choose that option when it appears in the menu
- Click on GSSO – Northern Virginia Center and then continue
- Provide your information, provide payment, and then we will be notified that a label has been created and will then ship your document
Important Things To Know
- Use of eShipGlobal is at your own expense.
- All communication will go through eShipGlobal. They will notify us that you are requesting your document to be sent by express mail and email us the shipping label.
- To request shipment, you will need your mailing address, e-mail address, phone number and credit card information.
- If you experience any difficulty in registering and processing the shipment, please use the “Help” link in the site for step by step instructions or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org