Parking at NVC
Please see the provided parking map to make sure you are parking in the right areas when visiting the Northern Virginia Center.
LOWER LOT – AUTOMATED PARKING
Parking permits are available for the lower parking lot for students, faculty, and staff. Entrance to the lower parking lot is through the entrance marked "student lot entrance" in the NVC parking map.
The lower parking lot is fully automated. Entrance and exit is by ticket or proximity card only.
The current, daily parking rates (set by WMATA) are $3.00 Monday-Friday, $2.00 Saturday, Free Sunday. Payment upon exit by credit card only - no cash. Credit card charges will show up as "Camelot Facilities Plano, TX" on your credit card statement.
Overnight parking allowed for 10 days maximum; Vehicles parked in lot over 10 days will be towed at owner's expense.
Parking is free on Sundays, and Federal holidays. On those days, insert the ticket upon exit and the gate will automatically open - no payment is required.
VT Parking permit must be displayed clearly in the vehicle at all times.
The automated parking system computes time based on calendar days. For example, if you arrive at 6:30 p.m. on a Monday evening and depart the next morning at 9:15 a.m., you will be charged for two days even though the length of your stay was less than 24 hours.
Only regular users with semester or annual faculty/staff/student VT Parking permits will be issued proximity cards.
For new students and staff it's strongly recommended to order your VT parking permit before your first visit to the NVC and complete the request form on the intranet so that a proximity card can be issued. If you have a valid permit but pay by credit card as you exit the lot a refund will not be issued. Therefore, you should plan on picking up your proximity card the very next time you visit NVC after you've purchased your VT Parking permit to avoid paying the daily rate when you have a permit.
Parking tickets for the lower lot will only be validated once when you are picking up the proximity card - any charges incurred for parking between the time you purchase your VT Parking permit and the time you pick up your proximity card will not be refunded;
The VT Parking permit issued by VT Parking Services on campus indicates you're authorized to park in the lower lot. The proximity card issued by VT NVC Facilities gives you access to the lot. You will need both to park at NVC. The proximity card is not your parking permit.
If you encounter problems with the automated system (such as a mechanical failure of the gate arm), please contact the NVC security guard at the desk in the 2nd floor lobby for assistance. If you encounter a problem after normal business hours, please call (703) 532-7056
Instructions for daily parking, prepaid ticket purchase, and VT parking permit purchase:
- Daily Parking
- VT permit parking for NEW regular users
- VT permit Parking for RENEWING regular users
- VT permit parking for occasional users
- VT Departmental purchase of prepaid parking tickets
- VT Faculty, Staff, and Students purchase of prepaid parking tickets
The upper lot is only available to faculty and staff and accessible by code access. The code for this parking lot is regularly changed and is available to authorized users by a request to NVC Facilities. Enter this code on the keypad to access the lot. A valid VT Parking permit must be displayed clearly in the vehicle at all times while in the upper lot. For questions or additional information please contact NVC Facilities by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (703) 538-8440 or visit NVC office 403 or NVC office 404.
- Visitors on short (few hours) visits to the Center may use the coin-operated metered parking spaces at the front of the building.
IMPORTANT PARKING INFORMATION:
- Parking in the West Falls Church Metro lot, across the street from the Center, requires the purchase and use of a SmartTrip card until 12 midnight. Please visit Metro's website to buy a SmartTrip card online.
- Parking is prohibited on Haycock Road, in the George Mason High School lots (without permission), in nearby residential areas, or in the commercial/shopping center parking lots. Long-term parking at the Center's metered parking is also prohibited. Unauthorized parking in any of these locations may result in your vehicle being towed at the owner's expense. Please avoid this inconvenience by only parking in designated areas.
- A bicycle rack is located at the side entrance to the building, main level, nearest the large parking lot. Bicycles are not permitted inside stairwells, common areas, cafe, classroom, or bathrooms.