Facilities Request Forms
Reserve a Classroom / Conference Room
To request use of a classroom or conference room to use for semester classes, meetings, breakout rooms, events, etc. Fill out the online facilities room request form. Please review the policies that apply to all reservations in the Schedule Space section of the facilities website.
Building Key Request
Department directors are the approvers of any department or building key requests. Completed key forms can be printed and once approved sent to the office of NVC Facilities. See: VPI+SU Policy No.5620, Access Control: Key Control.
Key Request Procedure
- Download NVC Key Request Form (form is fillable using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Adobe Reader)
- Fill in the Key Request Form to the Comments section
- Present Key Request Form to NVC Facilities
- Receipt of any metal door key(s) may take up to two days after the approved form is received by Facilities.
- Facilities will email recipients to schedule an appointment when the key is ready to be picked up.
- At pickup, the recipant will sign the agreement on the key form.
Key Return Procedure
- Download NVC Key Return Form (form is fillable fillable using Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Adobe Reader)
- Before your departure, drop off your key and key return form to the facilities manager.
Request Office Space
Department directors are the originators of requests for office space and office renovations at the Northern Virginia Center (NVC). Directors should request both by submitting a completed Space Request form to the office of the Center Director, VT/NVC, for consideration by the NVC Space Committee.
Visit the VT website on surplusing equipment or other VT assets. A VT Surplus Property Report form must be thoroughly completed and each item, or lot of items, labeled. Contact Surplus Property Office at 540-231-5660 for specific answers to your questions otherwise visit the website at https://www.procurement.vt.edu/surplusproperty.html
Surplus Property personnel from the main campus in Blacksburg plan for quarterly collections, or pick ups, from the VT locations in the Northern Virginia areas. Planning for these pick ups is based solely on forms received for surplus items and departments should NOT expect items to be picked up for without having submitted the requested form. Department surplus items will need to remain in the departments until such time as Surplus staff can retrieve them. Facilities staff assists Blacksburg staff with coordinating on-site, NVC, surplus collections, the day of collection.
- Departments are responsible for storing their surplus properity until it is picked up by surplus personnel.
- VT Facilities does have limited storage space for surplus properity. Please contact us for availability.
- Surplus personnel will not pick up an item unless a online surplus form has been submitted and the item is tagged with identifying information (i.e. Surplus form number, description, and/or VT Inventory tag.)
- Surplus personnel only have limited space in their collection truck. If the collection truck fills up, any remaining surplus properity will be picked up on the next scheduled pickup.
Contact NVC Facilities