Parking at NVC
NVC Parking changing to ParkMobile
Beginning Tuesday, February 21, 2023, the lower lot at the NVC will only accept daily parking payments via ParkMobile. Please review these instructions on how to use the ParkMobile system. The parking zone number is 85602. For reference, the zone number is posted on signs throughout the lower lot.
The Virginia Tech permit hangtag (F/S or C/G, annual or semester) is still accepted and should be properly displayed at all times. Permit holders do not have to pay with ParkMobile. Proximity cards issued by NVC Facilities are no longer required.
Vehicles which neither display a permit nor pay through ParkMobile may be issued a citation.
Parking Information for
Important Parking Information
- Parking in the West Falls Church Metro lot, across the street from the Center, requires the purchase and use of a SmartTrip card until 12 midnight. Please visit Metro's website to buy a SmartTrip card online.
- Parking is prohibited on Haycock Road, in the George Mason High School lots (without permission), in nearby residential areas, or in the commercial/shopping center parking lots. Long-term parking at the Center's metered parking is also prohibited. Unauthorized parking in any of these locations may result in your vehicle being towed at the owner's expense. Please avoid this inconvenience by only parking in designated areas.
- If you purchase a parking permit, only semester and yearly Virginia Tech parking permits are accepted to park in the NVC parking lot.
Parking Lot Rules and Information
Entrance to the lower parking lot is through the entrance marked "student lot entrance" in the NVC parking map below. To park in the lower lot, you may either:
- Properly display a VT permit hangtag (F/S or C/G, annual or semester), or
- Pay the daily rate using ParkMobile
The current, daily parking rates (set by WMATA) are $3.30 Monday-Friday, Free Saturday and Sunday and holidays. Daily parking is valid for 24 hours and you may enter and exit the lot as desired.
Overnight parking allowed for 10 days maximum; Vehicles parked in lot over 10 days will be towed at owner's expense.
To obtain a VT permit hangtag, visit the Parking & Transportation website.
If you are issued a citation for improper parking in the lower lot, please refer to the Parking & Transportation website for information on how to pay or appeal the citation. NVC Facilities cannot accept payments or modify citations.
The upper lot is only available to faculty and staff and accessible by key fob. The key fob for this parking lot is available to authorized users by a request to NVC Facilities. Touch the key fob to keypad to access the lot. A valid VT Parking permit must be displayed clearly in the vehicle at all times while in the upper lot. For questions or additional information please contact NVC Facilities by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (703) 538-8440 or visit NVC office 403 or NVC office 404.
There are two options for parking in the metered parking lot at Virginia Tech's Northern Virginia Center (NVC).
Visitors on short visits to the Center may use cash or ParkMobile at the metered parking spaces at the front of the building.
Virginia Tech has partnered with ParkMobile to provide a convenient, contactless electronic payment option for parking at the metered lot at NVC. ParkMobile can be used at any parking meter at NVC and pricing is the same as cash plus a small administration fee.
For more information about ParkMobile and how to create an account, please click the following link:
A bicycle rack is located at the side entrance to the building, main level, nearest the large parking lot. Bicycles are not permitted inside stairwells, common areas, cafe, classroom, or bathrooms.
VT NVC Parking Map
Please see the provided parking map to make sure you are parking in the right areas when visiting the Northern Virginia Center.
For general information or questions regarding parking at the Northern Virginia Center, please contact NVC Facilities:
Phone: (703) 538-8440