Parking at NVC
Parking Information for
Important Parking Information
- Parking in the West Falls Church Metro lot, across the street from the Center, requires the purchase and use of a SmartTrip card until 12 midnight. Please visit Metro's website to buy a SmartTrip card online.
- Parking is prohibited on Haycock Road, in the George Mason High School lots (without permission), in nearby residential areas, or in the commercial/shopping center parking lots. Long-term parking at the Center's metered parking is also prohibited. Unauthorized parking in any of these locations may result in your vehicle being towed at the owner's expense. Please avoid this inconvenience by only parking in designated areas.
- If you purchase a parking permit, only semester and yearly Virginia Tech parking permits are accepted to park in the NVC parking lot.
- Current proximity card holders must renew their card everytime a new VT parking permit is purchased. If you need to renew your proximity card, click here.
Parking Lot Rules and Information
- Parking permits are available for the lower parking lot for students, faculty, and staff. Entrance to the lower parking lot is through the entrance marked "student lot entrance" in the NVC parking map.
- The lower parking lot is fully automated. Entrance and exit is by ticket or proximity card only.
- The current, daily parking rates (set by WMATA) are $3.00 Monday-Friday, Free Saturday and Sunday. Payment upon exit by credit card only - no cash. Credit card charges will show up as "Camelot Facilities Plano, TX" on your credit card statement.
- Overnight parking allowed for 10 days maximum; Vehicles parked in lot over 10 days will be towed at owner's expense.
- Parking is free on Saturdays, Sundays and Federal holidays. On those days, insert the ticket upon exit and the gate will automatically open - no payment is required.
- VT Parking permit must be displayed clearly in the vehicle at all times.
- The automated parking system computes time based on calendar days. For example, if you arrive at 6:30 p.m. on a Monday evening and depart the next morning at 9:15 a.m., you will be charged for two days even though the length of your stay was less than 24 hours.
- Only regular users with semester or annual faculty/staff/student VT Parking permits will be issued proximity cards.
- For new students and staff it's strongly recommended to order your VT parking permit before your first visit to the NVC and complete the request form so that a proximity card can be issued. If you have a valid permit but pay by credit card as you exit the lot a refund will not be issued. Therefore, you should plan on picking up your proximity card the very next time you visit NVC after you've purchased your VT Parking permit to avoid paying the daily rate when you have a permit.
- Parking tickets for the lower lot will only be validated once when you are picking up the proximity card - any charges incurred for parking between the time you purchase your VT Parking permit and the time you pick up your proximity card will not be refunded;
- The VT Parking permit issued by VT Parking Services on campus indicates you're authorized to park in the lower lot. The proximity card issued by VT NVC Facilities gives you access to the lot. You will need both to park at NVC. The proximity card is not your parking permit.
If you encounter problems with the automated system (such as a mechanical failure of the gate arm), please contact the NVC security guard at the desk in the 2nd floor lobby for assistance. If you encounter a problem after normal business hours, please call (703) 532-7056
The upper lot is only available to faculty and staff and accessible by key fob. The key fob for this parking lot is available to authorized users by a request to NVC Facilities. Touch the key fob to keypad to access the lot. A valid VT Parking permit must be displayed clearly in the vehicle at all times while in the upper lot. For questions or additional information please contact NVC Facilities by email at email@example.com or by telephone at (703) 538-8440 or visit NVC office 403 or NVC office 404.
There are two options for parking in the metered parking lot at Virginia Tech's Northern Virginia Center (NVC).
Visitors on short visits to the Center may use cash or ParkMobile at the metered parking spaces at the front of the building.
Virginia Tech has partnered with ParkMobile to provide a convenient, contactless electronic payment option for parking at the metered lot at NVC. ParkMobile can be used at any parking meter at NVC and pricing is the same as cash plus a small adminstration fee.
For more information about ParkMobile and how to create an account, please click the following link:
A bicycle rack is located at the side entrance to the building, main level, nearest the large parking lot. Bicycles are not permitted inside stairwells, common areas, cafe, classroom, or bathrooms.
VT NVC Parking Map
Please see the provided parking map to make sure you are parking in the right areas when visiting the Northern Virginia Center.
For general information or questions reguarding parking at the Northern Virginia Center, please contact NVC Facilities:
Phone: (703) 538-8440