Congratulations on your acceptance to Virginia Tech! We look forward to welcoming you to our community. This webpage is designed to provide you with a brief introduction to graduate life at Virginia Tech.
CHECKLIST FOR NEW VT NVC STUDENTS
- Create your Personal Identifier (PID). A PID will give you access to Virginia Tech online services such as:
- Contact your academic department for information about advising, funding, class registration, and orientation requirements. Program advisors for each department are listed at the bottom of this page.
- Register for classes and pay tuition on Hokie SPA.
- Keep track of important academic deadlines (exams, commencement, thesis or dissertation).
- Login to OneCampus to setup your email, network, and 2-factor accounts.
- Order your textbooks from the Online Bookstore.
More information for new students can be found on the Graduate School website.
ORIENTATION MATERIALS SPRING 2018
- Graduate Student Services Flyer
- Tuition and Fees
- Fall 2018 Semester Calendar
- NCR Graduate Programs Contacts
- Transportation and Parking
- NVC Library Information
GRADUATE STUDENT SERVICES OFFICE (GSSO)
The Graduate Student Services Office (GSSO) in the National Capital Region, serves as a coordinating and governing body to all the Virginia Tech graduate programs and their students. Some of the services they provide include:
- Change of status
- Plan of study review
- Processing graduate school forms
- Registration assistance
GRADUATE STUDENT ASSEMBLY
The NCR Gradate Student Assembly seeks to nurture graduate student community across departments by providing social events that foster inter-department, interdisciplinary conversation. The representatives liaise with the VT GSA in Blacksburg to improve scholarly development, and graduate community by creating and implementing goals based on the issues and concerns of graduate students on campus.
The NCR GSA Leadership for 2018-2019 is:
- Joel Hartleroad, Chair
- Tsai Yu Hsu, Vice Chair
- Maryann Romero, Delegate
- Brandon Hagerty, Delegate
GRADUATE PROGRAM ADVISORS
Each department at the Northern Virginia Center has a program advisor that can provide information, advising, and answer questions about the programs they represent. Below is a list of the current program advisors located at the NVC.
COLLEGE OF BUSINESS:
EXECUTIVE MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (EMBA)
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MBA)
Phone: (703) 538-3776
Phone: (703) 538-8411
PROFESSIONAL MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (PMBA)
Phone: (703) 538-8349
MASTER OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (MIT)
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION:
SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY IN SOCIETY (STS)
Phone: (703) 538-8481
MARRIAGE & FAMILY THERAPY (MFT)
Phone: (703) 538-8460
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING:
COMPUTER SCIENCE (CS)
ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING (ECE)
Phone: (703) 538-8370
INDUSTRIAL & SYSTEMS ENGINEERING (ISE)
Phone: (703) 538-8431