- Classroom & Conference Room Request
- Building Key Form
- Surplus Form
- Office Space & Renovation Request Form
- Requesting Services at the VT NVC
CLASSROOM & CONFERENCE ROOM REQUEST
To request use of a classroom or conference room to use for semester classes, meetings, breakout rooms, events, etc. Fill out the online facilities room request form. Please review the policies that apply to all reservations in the Schedule section of the facilities website.
BUILDING KEY FORM
Department directors are the approvers of any department or building key requests. Completed key forms can be printed and once approved sent to the office of the Facilities Manager, VT/NVC, Room 406. See: VPI+SU Policy No.5620, Access Control: Key Control.
KEY REQUEST PROCEDURE
- Download NVC Key Request Form
- Fill in the Key Request Form to the Comments section
- Present Key Request Form to the Facilities Manager
- Receipt of any metal door key(s) may take up to two days after the approved form is received by Facilities.
- Schedule an appointment via phone (x8-8316) or online to pick up keys.
- At pickup, the recipant will sign the agreement on the key form
KEY RETURN PROCEDURE
- Download NVC Key Return Form (The form is fillable when downloaded and opened with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat)
- Before your departure, drop off your key and key return form to the facilities manager.
Visit the VT website on surplusing equipment or other VT assets. A VT Surplus Property Report form must be thoroughly completed and each item, or lot of items, labeled. Contact Surplus Property Office at (540)231-5660 for specific answers to your questions otherwise visit the website at https://www.procurement.vt.edu/surplusproperty.html
Surplus Property personnel from the main campus in Blacksburg plan for quarterly collections, or pick ups, from the VT locations in the Northern Virginia areas. Planning for these pick ups is based solely on forms received for surplus items and departments should NOT expect items to be picked up for without having submitted the requested form. Department surplus items will need to remain in the departments until such time as Surplus staff can retrieve them. Facilities staff assists Blacksburg staff with coordinating on-site, NVC, surplus collections, the day of collection.
OFFICE SPACE & RENOVATION REQUESTS FORM
Department directors are the originators of requests for office space and office renovations at the Northern Virginia Center (NVC). Directors should request both by submitting a completed Space Request form to the office of the Center Director, VT/NVC, for consideration by the NVC Space Committee.
REQUESTING SERVICES AT THE VT NVC
University departments at the NVC that require vendor services should send an email to email@example.com for further direction and coordination of services being requested and or funded by a department at the NVC. For additional information please contact the Facilities office at firstname.lastname@example.org address.
Examples of services billable to departments:
- Carpet or chair cleaning
- Electrical outlets
- Furniture assembly
- Locksmith services
- Office and building keys
- Office painting
- Parking or congress tickets
- Renovation work (Note renovation work must be approved by the NVC Space Committee chaired by the Center Director.)