Faculty & Staff Resources
Policies & Proceedures
- Policy 1: Bulletin Boards
- Policy 2: Faculty and Staff Use of the Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 3: Development of Service Agreements
- Policy 4: Use/Disposal/Storage of Office Furnishings in the Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 5: Inclement Weather
- Policy 6: Access Control: Building Keys
- Policy 6A: Departmental Key Procedures
- Policy 6B: Appropriate Use of Master Keys
- Policy 7: Home Use of Virginia Tech Property
- Policy 8: Smoking at the Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 9: Medical Emergencies at the Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 10: Support for Events and Seminars at the Virginia Tech Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 11: Use of Self-Service Videoconferencing Equipment for Course Delivery
- Policy 12: Principles of Space Allocation and Usage
- Policy 13: Lactation Space at the Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 14: Public Use of the Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 16: Alcohol at the Northern Virginia Center
- Policy 17: Dealing with Media on Campus
- Getting Started IT Checklist
- Northern Virginia Center Employee Faqs
- Commonwealth Commuter Choice: WMATA Smart Benefits/SmartTrip
- NVC Emergency Information Desk Reference
- NVC Directory Fall 2022
- Inclement Weather Information
- Authorized Closing for the Northern Virginia Center
- Space Committe Request Form
- Faculty/Staff Checklist for Termination of Access and Return of University Property
NVC Building Resources
Information on building resources can be found on the NVC Facilities website.
NVC Support Services
- Classroom Scheduling and Maintenance
- Small Building Maintenance Task (Moving Equipment and Furniture, Hanging Pictures / Office Whiteboards / Bulitin Boards)
- Work with the Building Engineer on larger tasks (General Maintenance, Renovations, Temperture)
- Events setup
- Distributes office and building keys
- Parking validations and distribution of parking proximity cards
- Install and maintain A/V equipment in general assignment classrooms.
- Assist users with operation of classroom A/V equipment.
- Train users on operation of classroom A/V equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of computer hardware located on the NVC campus.
- Troubleshooting technology and software issues.
- Assists VT network services with data port connections and phone services.
- Assist departments with computer and software orders.
- Administers local file server and network policies.
Offices: 106 and 107
- Provides training and workshops for faculty who teach online or at a distance.
- Assist faculty with instructional design and course development for distance and online learning.
- Video recording services.
- Provides training and support of the Canvas learning managment system.
- Provides full support to faculty in TLOS managed classrooms.
Computer Help Guides
- VT 4Help - IT Support Services trouble ticket reporting system and knowledgebase.
- VT OneCampus - The hub for online academic, business, and personal transactions.
- VT Network Software - Virginia Tech's portal to download purchased software and departmental software products.
- VT Password Information - Information regarding passwords used for Virginia Tech services.
- Virginia Tech Zoom Portal
- Virginia Tech Microsoft Office 365 Information
- 2-Factor Authentication Information